Monday, November 2, 2015

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? By: Bill Martin Jr./ Eric Carle


There is a video that explains the importance of reading to your children at an early age. Follow the link to watch this clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQsYNoTCCA

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? is one of the first books my parents read to me. It was always one of my favorites and I remember snuggling up in my bed and reading to my little sister when I got old enough to read simple books like this one. It is extremely important to read to young children and assist them with developing their skills. I have seen firsthand the struggle kids face when they do not have the opportunity to read with parents one on one. 


2 comments:

  1. Do you think the little girl you helped will continue to progress at reading and maybe come to understand the issue of illiteracy and how it affects her and the people she knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think that she will continue to want to learn and improve her reading skills. I definitely believe that if she continues to come to the Homework Help at the library that she will eventually learn. I do think it is difficult to not have constant one on one time as many of us have with our parents though.

    ReplyDelete